Essentials Of Search Engine Submission
How can I get my site listed with search engines? It sounds like a pretty simple question, but sadly, search engine submission can be a complicated subject.
Getting listed does not mean that you will necessarily rank well for
particular terms, however. It simply means that the search engine knows
your pages exist.
Why You Should I Submit My Site to Search Engines?
Here are a few reasons why you should manually submit your website to search engines:
- Peace of mind – When it comes to SEO, it’s better to be safe than sorry. For how quick manually submitting your site is, it’s worth doing it.
- Tell search engines about your site directly – Submitting your site via the methods below allows you to tell Google (and others) important information about your site, mostly about content updates and important changes.
- It’s an easy improvement opportunity – By submitting your site you get access to various tools that can help improve your website. In addition, you can inform them that the content is now been updated and requires to be crawled again.
Don't Be Confused
Confusing search engine submission with search engine optimization is a common mistake. The mere act of submitting does nothing to optimize the pages in question and achieve higher rankings. In fact, submitting poorly-optimized pages can do more harm than good.
At a minimum, submitting to a search engine involves adding the URL of the site or page that will be under consideration. Search engines sometimes ask for additional contact information, including name and/or email address.
What Is A Sitemap?
Backend access is not necessary to submit a website to search engines, but it may be very helpful if you need to add things later down the line. Be sure to employ the services of a qualified SEO Specialist!
- If the website doesn’t have a sitemap
- If website needs a robot.txt file
- If there’s no Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools implemented
The above are key requirements for getting a site indexed. In fact, having a correctly setup sitemap is one of the most important things you can do to help your site get picked up by search engines.
It doesn’t matter how attractive your website is if no one can find you on the internet. Search Engine Optimization is more than just an afterthought these days – It is a necessity!